Cestujeme Karpatami
- Mestá
Traveling the Carpathians
- Towns
Cestujeme Karpatami - Mestá
Traveling the Carpathians - Towns
Autori/ Authors
Slovensko/Slovakia: Mária Naďová
Maďarsko/Hungary: László Brigita
Poľsko/Poland: Mariusz Czuba, Lidia Kaminska
Rumunsko/Romania: Bogdan Lazar
Ukrajina/Ukraine: Mykhailo Syrokhman
Redakčná úprava/ Editorial Adjusting: Mária Naďová
Fotografie/Photos: Mykhailo Syrokhman, Jozef Grondžel, Mária Naďová and others
Design: Beki Design s.r.o.
Tlač/Print: Beki Design s.r.o.,Košice
Preklad/ Translation: Mária Naďová, Marius Czuba, Mykhailo Syrokhman, Michal Naď, Bogdan Lazar
Pre Región Karpaty, združenie právnických osôb a Slovenskú kanceláriu KER, Košice vydalo
vydavateľstvo Beki Design s.r.o., Košice v roku 2008.
Published in 2008 by Publisher Beki Design s.r.o., Košice for the Assotiation Carpathian Euroregion and
the Slovak Office of the Carpathian Euroregion.
Publikácia bola vydaná v rámci projektu Cestujeme Karpatmi VII - Mestá vďaka finančnej pomoci
Ministerstva výstavby a regionálneho rozvoja SR, združenia Karpatský euroregión Slovensko.
Published within the project Traveling the Carpathians VII - Towns with the financial support from the
Ministry of Civil Construction and Regional Development of the Slovak Republic and Assotiation
Carpathian Euroregion Slovakia.
V rámci edície Cestujeme Karpatmi doteraz vyšli /Former publishings within the Traveling the
Carpathians Edition :
Cestujeme Karpatmi - 2002 - Drevené kostolíky a zvonice/Wooden Churches and Belfries
Cestujeme Karpatmi - 2003 - Kúpele /Spas
Cestujeme Karpatmi - 2004 - Hrady, zámky a kaštiele /Castles and Manor Houses
Cestujeme Karpatmi - 2005 - Prírodné krásy /Natural Beauties
Cestujeme Karpatmi - 2006 - Ľudová architektúra /Rural Heritage
Cestujeme Karpatmi - 2007 - To najkrajšie v Euroregióne/ The Most Beautiful Parts in Euroregion
Neprešlo jazykovou úpravou/ Publication has no language correction
ISBN 978-80-969814-4-1
ÚVOD
INTRODUCTION
Pohoria územia Karpatského euroregiónu dominujú rázu krajiny, determinujú
spoločenskú i kultúrnu špecifickosť oblasti,
typy a štruktúru osídlení ako aj povahu umenia i samotných ľudí. Karpaty sú súčasťou
vonkajších a vnútorných Východných Karpát.
Tvoria centrálnu časť 1 500 km dlhého Karpatského oblúka tiahnuceho sa od ústia rieky
Moravy do Dunaja pri Bratislave až k Železným vrátam v Rumunsku.
Rôzne nájazdy prinútili výstavbu
opevnených sídiel, ktoré chránili kupcov
a ich tovar proti tulákom alebo im poskytli
azyl počas nepriateľských nájazdov /nájazd
Tatárov v 13. storočí a Turkov v 16. storočí/.
Z dôvodu zlej prístupnosti ako aj umiestnenia
na strmých bralách, sa vlastníci neskôr presťahovali do pohodlnejších a lepšie dostupných kaštieľov v sídlach, z ktorých väčšina
vznikla v stredoveku. Rozvoj a tvarovanie
osídlenia sa snúbilo s topografickými danosťami, kultúrou a tradíciami, ovplyvňovanými
rôznymi kolonizačnými vlnami. Výsledkom sú
architektonické, historické a urbanistické hodnoty jednotlivých sídiel, z ktorých tie, ktoré sa
nachádzali na strategických miestach, sa
rozvinuli do miest. 15. storočie znamená pre
mnohé mestá tohto územia rozvoj obchodu.
Vzhľadom k množstvu historických pamiatok,
ale aj ucelenému urbanistickému komplexu,
niektoré z nich sú dnes chránené ako mestské
pamiatkové rezervácie /napr. na Slovensku je
to centrum mesta Bardejov/, alebo sú zapísané do Zoznamu svetového kultúrneho a prírodného dedičstva UNESCO / napr. mesto
Ľvov na Ukrajine/.
Mestá boli zároveň dôležitou súčasťou historických ciest ako Gotická, Poštová, Železná,
Vínna, Malá jantárová a pod. Boli predurčené pre obchod a to hlavne kvôli ich
výhodnej polohe. Prekvital tu obchod od
Baltického po Stredozemné more. Mnohé
z nich sa nachádzali na zozname "Mestá
sveta", publikovaného v Kolíne nad Rýnom
v roku 1617 v práci J. Brauna a F. Hoghenberga. Medzi ne patrili napríklad Ľvov na
Ukrajine, Košice na Slovensku a Krosno
v Poľsku.
Mountains on the Carpathian
Euroregion territory dominate its landscape;
determine social and cultural peculiarities of
the land, types of settlements and structures,
character of art and of people themselves.
Carpathian mountains are a part of the external and internal Eastern Carpathians and
build up central part of the 1500 km long
arch of the Carpathian mountains stretching
from the estuary of the Morava (March) River
through the Danube river by Bratislava to the
Iron Gates in Romania.
Various invasions had stimulated
construction of fortified settlements aimed to
protect merchants and their goods from bush
rangers, or they served as a refuge during
raids (the invasion by Tatars in 13th century or
forays of Turks in the 16th century). From
badly accessible, situated on steep reefs, castles the owners later moved to more convenient and easy reachable manors in the settlements. The majority of them have their origins
in the Middle Ages. The basis of their present
urban pattern got formed during that period
as a result of combination of local topography with the culture and traditions brought to
the region by various colonist waves. It is
reflected in architectural, historical and urban
values of individual settlements. Some of them
on the strategically important territories were
developed into the towns. The 15th century
meant the commerce development for many
of the towns in the territory. A lot of them are
currently preserved for their historical monuments, or even as historical complexes as
town monuments reservation / for example
center of the town Bardejov in Slovakia/ or
they are listed on the World Cultural and natural Heritage List UNESCO /for example
town Lvov in Ukraine/. Towns were the important points on the historical roads such as
Gothic road, Post road, Wine root, Minor
Amber road etc. They were predetermined for
trading, due to their suitable, advantageous
location. Merchandise from the Baltic countries to The Mediterranean Sea was traded
here. A lot of them were included in the work
oh J. Braun and F. Hoghenberg entitled The
Towns of the World, published in Cologne in
1617. For example it was Lvov /Ukraine/,
Košice / Slovakia/, Krosno /Poland/.
Slovensko bolo v minulosti križovatkou
5
SLOVENSKO
SLOVAKIA
Európy. Obchodné cesty viedli zo severu na
východ a z východu za západ. Rôzne nájazdy prinútili výstavbu opevnených sídiel, ktoré
chránili kupcov a ich tovar proti tulákom alebo im poskytli azyl počas nepriateľských nájazdov. Mnohé pevnosti nikdy neboli dobyté. Z dôvodu zlej prístupnosti ako aj umiestnenia na strmých bralách, sa vlastníci neskôr
6
presťahovali do pohodlnejších a lepšie dostupných kaštieľov v sídlach, z ktorých väčšina vznikla v stredoveku. V stredoveku cez
tieto mestá viedli dôležité obchodné cesty,
spájajúce Baltické more s Čiernym ako aj
vnútrozemie Uhorska s Poľskom. 15. storočie
znamená pre mnohé mestá tohto územia
rozvoj obchodu. Najmocnejšie mestá sa
v 15. storočí združili do asociácie, zvanej
Pentapolitana. Patrili tam slobodné kráľovské
mestá Košice, Prešov, Levoča, Bardejov a Sabinov. O 100 rokov neskôr k nim pribudol
Kežmarok. Vytvorila sa tu aj Asociácia
7 banských miest. Rozvoj a tvarovanie osídlenia sa snúbilo s topografickými danosťami,
kultúrou a tradíciami, ovplyvňovanými rôznymi kolonizačnými vlnami regiónu. Výsledkom
sú architektonické, historické a urbanistické
hodnoty jednotlivých sídiel. V každom z nich
nájdeme unikátne prvky architektúry a urbanizmu. Na území východného Slovenska
sa nachádza 8 z 18 mestských pamiatkových rezervácií a 5 zo 7 lokalít, zapísaných
v zozname Svetového kultúrneho a prírodného dedičstva UNESCO. Sídla doplňuje
pestrý vysočinový reliéf na severe, ktorý je
rozčlenený viacerými kotlinami. Všetky pohoria a kotliny sú súčasťou Karpát.
Slovakia has been a crossroad of
Europe since the old times. Driveways of
traders in the two main directions (North South and East - West), and even more various invasions had stimulated construction of
fortified settlements aimed to protect merchants and their goods against bush
rangers, or they served as a refuge during
raids. Many fortresses have never been captured. From badly accessible, situated on
steep reefs, cast les the owners later moved
to more convenient and easy reachable
manors in the settlements. The majority of
them have their origins in the Medieval Ages.
In Medieval Ages an important trade route
went across these towns connecting the
Baltic Sea with Black Sea as well as the center of Hungary with Poland. The 15th century meant the commerce development for many of them in the territory. The most important
towns of the territory were members of the
Pentapolitana, an association of five most
important free royal towns which included
Košice, Prešov, Levoča, Bardejov and Sabinov in 15th century. Kežmarok joint the association 100 years later. There was also The
Association of 7 mining towns created. The
basis of their present urban pattern got
formed during that period as a result of combination of local topography with the culture
and traditions brought to the region by various colonist waves. It is reflected in architectural, historical and urban values of individual settlements. On the territory of Eastern
Slovakia we can find 8 from 18 "Town
Monument Reservation" and 5 from 7 locations, which a re listed on the UNESCO World Cultural and Natural List. Settlements
are settled in the picturesque relief, built in
the north by highlands splitter by several
basins. Mountain systems and basins belong
to the Carpathians.
7
KOŠICE
245 000 obyvateľov/ inhabitants
Jedno z najstarších miest na Slovensku leží
v mieste, kde rieka Hornád opúšťa prekrásne
lesné údolia a vteká do rozsiahlej nížiny.
Územie podľa dostupných prameňov bolo
obývané koncom Paleolitu, avšak prvá písomná zmienka o ňom je len z roku 1230.
Privilégiami zo 14.storočia sa mesto Košice
stalo slobodným kráľovským mestom a zároveň aj z dôvodu svojej strategickej polohy
na medzinárodných obchodných trasách do
Poľska, jedným z vedúcich centier Uhorska.
V roku 1369 kráľ Ľudovít Veľký podaroval
ako prvému mestu v Európe vôbec erb. Na
sneme, zvolanom Ľudovítom Veľkým do
Košíc, sa uzákonilo následníctvo žien na
uhorskom tróne. Od roku 1412 mesto malo
vedúcu úlohu v rámci Pentapilitany, asociácie piatich najdôležitejších miest východného
8
Slovenska. V sedemnástom storočí bolo oficiálnym centrom horného Uhorska. V rokoch
1596 až 1700 bolo sídlom Jágerského
/Egerského/ biskupstva a od roku 1657 sídlom Košickej univerzity.
K najdôležitejším pamiatkam histórie patrí
Dóm Sv. Alžbety, kaplnka Sv. Michala a Urbanova veža, postavené v gotickom slohu.
Neskoršia baroková architektúra bola pozvoľna vystriedaná neoklasicistickou a architektúrou romantizmu. Do mesta sa sťahovala
aristokracia, ktorá podporovala rozvoj umenia, divadla a sociálneho života. Centrum
mesta bolo vyhlásené za Mestskú pamiatkovú rezerváciu, najväčšiu na Slovensku.
V súčasnosti je druhým najväčším mesto
Slovenska.
KOŠICE
One of the oldest towns in Slovakia - lies at
the place where the River Hornád emerges
from its picturesque wooded valley and flows
onto an extensive plain. The first evidence of
inhabitance can be traced back to the end of
the Paleolithic era. However, the first written
reference of Košice comes only from 1230.
Privileges granted in 14th century gave Košice the status of a free royal town, as well as
for the location on an international trade
route to Poland ranking it as one of the leading centers of Great Hungary. As the first city
in Europe, Košice received its own coat of
arms in 1369 from Louis the Great. The Diet
convened by Louis the Great to Košice decided that women can inherit the Hungarian
throne. Since 1412 the city had been playing
a leading role in the Pentapolitana - a league
of towns of five most important cities of eastern Slovakia. In the 17th century it was "de
facto" capital of Upper Hungary. The city
was residence of Eger's bishop from 1596 to
1700. Since 1657 it was also seat of the historic Košice University. The most important
monument is the Saint Elisabeth Cathedral
with Saint Michael Chapel. Urban tower
built in Gothic style was later flourished on
the new Baroque architecture, followed by
neo-Classicism and Romanticism; the aristocracy moved into the town, promoting the arts,
theatre and social life. The centre of town
was declared as a Town monument reservation, the biggest in Slovakia. Today it is the
second largest city in Slovakia.
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Kaštieľ a múzeum v Budimíri, ZOO v Kavečanoch pri Košiciach, Jasovská jaskyňa a kláštor Premonštrátov, gejzír v Herľanoch, hámre v Medzeve, Tokajská vínna oblasť, kaštieľ v Borši, vodná nádrž
Zemplínska šírava, ruiny hradu Vinné,
kaštieľ v Michalovciach a v Trebišove,
stredoveký kostol v Moldave nad Bodvou, Zádielska tiesňava, mauzóleum
grófa Dionýza Andrássyho, historické
mesto Rožňava, jaskyňa Slavec, stredoveký kostol s nástennými maľbami
v Štítniku, Národný park Slovenský raj.
Other Places of Interest:
Manor house and museum in Budimír,
ZOO in Košice - Kavečany, Jasov cave
and Premonstrate monastery, Herľany
geyser, forging mils in Medzev, Tokaj
wine territory, Borša manor house,
water reservoir Zemplínska Šírava, ruins
of the Vinné castle, manor house in Michalovce and Trebišov, medieval church
in Moldava nad Bodvou, Zádielska
tiesňava Valley, mausoleum of Dionýz
Andrassy, historical town Rožňava, cave
Slavec, medieval church with wall paintings in Štítnik, the National park Slovenský raj /Slovak Paradise/.
Informácie / Information:
www.slovakiatourism.sk
City Information Centre Košice
(MiC Košice), Hlavná 2 (OD DARGOV),
040 01 Košice a Hlavná 111
(OD TESCO), 040 01 Košice,
phone: +421 55/16 186,
fax: 055/623 09 09,
e-mail: [email protected]
www.mickosice.sk; Information Centre
of Košice Municipality,
Hlavná 59, 040 01 Košice,
tel.:+421 55 - 625 88 88, 625 45 02
fax:055/625 45 02,
e-mail: [email protected]
www.kosice.sk/icmk
9
PREŠOV
91 200 obyvateľov /inhabitants
Mesto vzniklo medzi riekami Torysa a Sekčov. Prvá písomná zmienka o ňom pochádza
z roku 1247. Uhorský kráľ Ondrej III mu
v roku 1299 udelil mestské práva. Už v minulosti, historicky od udelenia mestských práv,
sa v ňom sústreďovali riadiace činnosti, ktoré
mali dosah spočiatku len na okolité mestá
a obce, neskôr na celý región. Vyplýva to
z jeho geografickej polohy, keďže je postavené na križovatke bývalých významných
obchodných ciest do Poľska, Galície, Pruska,
na Moravu a do Sliezska. Najdôležitejším
stredovekým obchodným artiklom bolo víno,
dobytok, plátno a kožušiny. Historické jadro
mesta bolo vyhlásené za mestskú pamiatkovú rezerváciu. K najdôležitejším pamiatkam mesta patrí farský kostol Sv. Mikuláša
z 14-steho storočia, rokokovo - klasicistická
budova župného domu, barokový komplex
Kalvárie a barokový Františkánsky kostol
s dvojvežovou fasádou zo 14-steho storočia.
10
PREŠOV
The river Torysa and Sekčov were connected
with well- established routes from the earliest
times. The first written record of Prešov dates
back to1247. King Andreas III of Hungary
granted the town full civic rights in 1299:
After the town got its city privileges, the leading activities were concentrated in the centre.
They had an impact only on the surrounding
towns but later it was spreaded throughout
the whole region. The trade routes led to
Poland, Galicia, Prussia, Moravia and Silesia. The main article during medieval ages
was wine, cattle, linen, and furs. The historical centre of town was declared as a Town
Monument Reserve. The most important monuments are Parish church of St. Nicholas from
14th century, Rococo - classical District Administrative Hall, baroque complex of Calvary
and Franciscans church with two tower
facade from 14th century.
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Zrúcaniny Šarišského a Kapušianskeho
hradu, pramene minerálnych vôd Salvator v Lipovciach, Borkvúte, Cemjate,
Národná prírodná rezervácia Kamenná
baba s jedinečnými kamennými útvarmi,
Jaskyňa Zlá diera.
Other Places of Interest:
Historical town Prešov, ruins of the Sarisskz and Kapusiansky Castle, surrounding springs of the mineral waters
Salvator - Lipovce, Borkvut, Cemjata,
Nature Preserved are Kamenná baba
with the unique stone formations, cave
"Zla džura" /Bad Hole/
Informácie / Information:
www.slovakiatourism.sk
Mestské informačné centrum /Town
information centre/, Hlavná 67, 080 01
Prešov, tel: +421 51 16 186,
+421 51 773 11 13,
Fax: +421 51 759 32 81,
e-mail: [email protected], www.pis.sk,
www.presov.sk;
SPIŠSKÁ NOVÁ VES
38 000 obyvateľov / inhabitants
Do okolia mesta patrí celá oblasť Slovenského raja a Spišsko-gemerské Rudohorie.
Prvá písomná zmienka o ňom je z roku
1268. Veľmi výrečným svedkom banského
podnikania bola zvonolejárska a kovolejárska dielňa a škola, založená v 14. storočí.
V roku 1412 bolo mesto spolu s ďalšími 12
dané do zálohy poľskému kráľovi. V tom čase bol Spiš jedným z najbohatších a najkultúrnejších kútov strednej Európy. Od roku
1772 sa mesto stalo provinčným sídlom pre
11
16 spišských miest. Spišská Nová Ves je známa svojim veľkým šošovkovitým námestím.
Dominuje mu neogotická veža kostola, ktorá
je najvyššou na Slovensku. Medzi ďalšie pamiatky patrí klasicistický evanjelický kostol,
baroková budova, v ktorej je dnes Galéria
Spiša, bývalé sídlo správy Provincie XVI spišských miest, tzv. provinčný dom s peknými
štukovými reliéfmi, ale aj zaujímavá budova
Reduty s divadlom zo začiatku nášho storočia.
SPIŠSKÁ NOVÁ VES
The area of the National Park Slovak Paradise and the Spiš-Gemer mountain range
cover most of the surroundings of the town.
Its first written document is from 1268. Quite
an outspoken witness to a mining business
was a bell founding and iron founding workshop and school founded in 14th century.
The town was, along with another 12 Spiš
towns, put into the pledge of the Polish king
from 1412 to 1772. That time Spiš was one
of the wealthiest and most cultural areas of
the Middle Europe. Following 1772 Spišská
Nová Ves became a seat of the Province of
16 Spiš towns. Spišská Nová Ves is known
for its very long lens-shaped centre. A neogothic church tower is the highest of them in
Slovakia. Besides the church you may find
here other interesting cultural monuments,
such as: a classicistic Evangelic church, a baroque building of Art Gallery, a former seat
of the Province of XVI Spiš towns, sc. provincial house with nice outdoor relief and an
interesting building of theatre called "Reduta" from the beginning of the 20th century.
LEVOČA
15 000 obyvateľov / inhabitants
12
Množstvo tichých svedkov sa zachránilo
z obdobia, kedy Levoča bola najbohatším
mestom na Spiši. Mohutné mestské hradby
a dva kostoly predstavujú najstaršie gotické
stavby na Slovensku. Hlavný oltár chrámu
Sv. Egídia, majstrovské delo majstra Pavla je
najvyšším vyrezávaným dreveným oltárom
na svete. Radnica a meštiacke domy sú známe svojou bohatou renesančnou ornamentálnou výzdobou. Historické jadro mesta bolo vyhlásené za mestskú pamiatkovú rezerváciu.
LEVOČA
A number of silent witnesses have been preserved from the period, when Levoča was
the richest town of the Spiš region. The powerful city walls and two churches represent
the oldest Gothic monuments in Slovakia.
The main altar of St. James Church, masterpiece of Master Paul, is the highest woodcarved altar in the world. The town hall and
the burger's houses are famous for their rich
Renaissance adornment. The historical own
center has been declared a Town Monument
Reservation.
oblasť Dobšinská priehrada.
Other Places of Interest:
Markušovce castle, Medieval Town monument reservation Spišská Kapitula,
natural reserve Drveník, medieval church with wall paintings from 14th century in village Žehra, gothic church in Spišský Štvrtok, Spiš Castle, Slovenský raj
/Slovak Paradise Natural Park, Dobšinská Ice Cave, Spiš castle. Dobšiná Dam /
Dobšinská priehrada/ recreation area.
Informácie/Information:
www.slovakiatourism.sk
TIC Spišská Nová Ves, Letná 49, 052 01
Spišská Nová Ves
phone/fax: +421-53-442 82 92;
+421-53-16186, e-mail :
[email protected] ;
www.spisskepodhradie.sk;
www.mestosnv.sk;
www.slovenskyraj.sk,
Information center 05401 Levoča, Nám.
Majstra Pavla 58,
phone: 00-421-53-16188,
e- mail : [email protected]
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Kaštieĺ v Markušovciach, Mestská pamiatková rezervácia stredovekého miesta Spišská Kapitula, prírodná rezervácia Dreveník, stredoveký kostol s nástennými maľbami zo 14. storočia v Žehre,
gotický kostol v Spišskom Štvrtku, Spišský hrad, Národný park Slovenský raj,
Dobšinská ľadová jaskyňa, rekreačná
13
POPRAD
55 000 obyvateľov /inhabitants
Mesto je významne ovplyvnené blízkosťou
Vysokých Tatier. Jeho história siaha až do
staroveku. Najstaršou a najvýznamnejšou
časťou mesta Poprad je Spišská Sobota,
ktorá si dodnes zachovala svoj pôvodný ráz.
V minulosti bola samostatným mestom, predurčeným na obchodovanie z dôvodu výhodnej geografickej polohy. Prvá písomná
zmienka o Spišskej Sobote je totožná s Popradom a viaže sa k roku 1256. Spišsko-sobotské námestie je dodnes dekorované renesančnými domami, ktoré oslovili mnohých filmových režisérov na natáčanie historických
scén filmov. Kostol Sv. Juraja patrí medzi najvzácnejšie pamiatky mesta. Jeho neskorogotické krídlové oltáre ako aj hlavný oltár
z dielne majstra Pavla z Levoče sú obdivuhodné. Centrálna časť Spišskej Soboty
bola vyhlásená za Mestskú pamiatkovú rezerváciu.
14
POPRAD
Poprad is significantly influenced by the
neighboring region of the High Tatras. The
history of the town started even in the
Ancient times. Spišská Sobota is the oldest
and the most significant part of Poprad,
which has preserved its historical character
till nowadays. Spišská Sobota was in the
past the separate town, predetermined for
trading, due to its suitable, advantageous
location. The first record concerning this
municipal part is identical to the first reference related to Poprad, in 1256. The square
in Spišská Sobota is, even at present, decorated with the houses built in the Renaissance
period, which has attracted a number of film
directors to shoot historical scenes for their
movies. The Church of St. Juraj (George)
belongs among the significant sights; its Late
Gothic wing altars as well as the main altar
from the workshop of Master Pavol from
Levoča are worthy of admiration. The entire
urban part has been proclaimed the Town
Monument Reserve.
KEŽMAROK
Patrí medzi ne neskorobarokový kostol Sv.
Kríža a najstaršia renesančná zvonica na
Slovensku. Unikátom pre Slovensko je mestský hrad. V roku 1991 bola obnovená tradícia výročných trhov.
KEŽMAROK
17 500 obyvateľov / inhabitants
Kráľovské mesto Kežmarok, nachádzajúce
sa pod pohorím Vysoké Tatry, dostalo mestské práva od uhorského kráľa Bélu IV. Ako
slobodné kráľovské mesto získalo v 15. storočí viaceré hospodárske i politické privilégiá - napr. právo dvoch výročných trhov,
sporné právo skladu, právo meča a právo
používať erb. Nachádzajú sa tu 2 národné
kultúrne pamiatky - lýceum (s jednou z najväčších historických školských knižníc v strednej Európe) a drevený artikulárny kostol
z 18. storočia. Unikátom pre Slovensko je
mestský hrad. Množstvo kultúrno - historických pamiatok všetkých stavebných slohov
a priaznivé prírodné podmienky poskytujú
dobrý základ pre rozvoj cestovného ruchu.
The town of Kežmarok has rich history. It is
situated under the High Tatras Mountains. It
was granted with city rights in 1269. As
a royal free town it was granted other privileges in the 15th century such as: free use of
the forests, annual fairs, a coat of arms, the
right to bear arms and storage rights. There
are 2 sights of national historical importance
here - The Lyceum, which has one of the largest historical school libraries in central
Europe and the modern articular church dating from the 18th century. The large quantity of cultural and historical sights in all architectural styles and favorable natural conditions form the basis of its development as
a tourist area. We can see here the late
baroque church of St. Cross and the oldest
renaissance belfry in Slovakia. Unique in
Slovakia is the castle, situated in the town. In
1991 the annual market tradition was
renewed.
15
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Skanzen ľudovej architektúry, hrad
a historické centrum v meste Stará Ľubovňa, mestská pamiatková rezervácia
v Podolínci, drevený artikulárny kostol
v Kežmarku, gotický kostol v Spišskej
Belej, renesančná zvonica a gotický kostol z 15. storočia v Strážkach, Ľubovnianske kúpele, pltníctvo na rieke Dunajec, Belianska jaskyňa v Tatranskej Kotline, ľudová architektúra v Ždiari a Osturni, kúpele vo Vyšných Ružbachoch
a vo Vysokých Tatrách, Tatranský národný park a Národný park Nízke Tatry.
Other Places of Interest:
Open Air Museum, castle and historical
center in the town Stará Ľubovňa, Town
Monument Reservation in Podolínec,
wooden Evangelic Articulated Church in
Kežmarok, Gothic church in the town
Spišská Belá, Renaissance bell tower,
15th century Gothic church in Strážky,
Ľubovnianske Spa, rafting on the Dunajec river, Cave Belá in Tatranská Kotlina,
rural architecture in Ždiar and Osturňa,
Spa in Vyšné Ružbachy and in High
Tatras, High Tatras and Low Tatras
National Park.
Informácie/Information:
www.slovakiatourism.sk
City Information Centre in Poprad,
Námestie sv. Egídia 15, 058 01 Poprad,
tel.: +421-52-16 186,
052-772 17 00,
fax: 052-772 13 94, e-mail:
[email protected],
www.poprad.sk;
Information centre
- Námestie Sv. Mikuláša 12, Stará
Ľubovňa, phone: 00-421-52- 4321713,
e- mail: [email protected]
Information agency - Hlavné nám. 46,
06001 Kežmarok,
phone: 00-421-52- 4524047,
e- mail: [email protected],
www.spsobota.szm.sk
BARDEJOV
34 000 obyvateľov /inhabitants
Prvá písomná zmienka o meste je z roku
1241. Bezpečnosť obchodu a remesiel ako
aj nezávislosť mesta boli chránené mestskými hradbami, ktorých súčasťou boli nedobytné brány, mohutné veže vodné priekopy.
Rozvoj remesiel pozdvihol mesto v 15. a 16.
storočí k vrcholu jeho slávy a bohatstva.
Z toho obdobia sa dodnes zachránilo množstvo tichých svedkov, potvrdzujúcich "Zlaté
časy" Bardejova. Patria medzi ne svetské
a cirkevné objekty, ktoré do dnešného dňa
poskytujú stredoveký charakter mesta. Najvýznamnejší z nich je kostol Sv. Egídia. Jeho
11 maľovaným gotickými krídlovým oltárom
je ťažko nájsť paralelu v Európe. V roku
2000 bol Bardejov zapísaný do zoznamu
Svetového kultúrneho a prírodného dedičstva UNESCO.
Bardejovské kúpele, nachádzajúce sa v susedstve mesta Bardejov boli známe už v stredoveku. Sú zaujímavé pre ľudí so zažívacími
problémami, poruchami metabolizmu a rôznymi druhmi respiračných chorôb. Špecifická
atmosféra kúpeľov je vytvorená kombináciou
moderných objektov so štýlovými vilami a terapeutickými domami, postavenými v 19stom storočí. Kúpele boli obľúbeným miestom Sisi, manželky cisára Františka Jozefa II.
BARDEJOV
The earliest written record dates back to
1241. The safety of trade and craftsmanship
and the town's independence were protected by the town fortifications with their
impregnable gates, massive turrets and
16
water moats. In the 14th and 15th centuries
the development of craftsmanship raised the
town to the peak of its fame and wealth.
A number of silent witnesses have been preserved from this period certifying the
"Golden Age" of Bardejov. Among them are
the secular and ecclesiastical buildings
which even today impress the medieval character of the town. The most precious of them
is the monumental St. Egidius Church. Its 11
gothic winged altars with panel paintings
have hardly any parallels in Europe. In 2000
Bardejov was enlisted into UNESCO World
Heritage List.
Bardejov Spa known already from the middle age lies in the neighborhood of the
Bardejov city. The spa attracted guests suffering from digestive defects, metabolism
and various kinds of respiratory diseases.
Specific atmosphere is assigned to the Spas
due to combination of modern, new buildings and stylish villas and therapeutic houses dated back to the 19th century, also
favorite places of stay of Sisi - wife of
Emperor Frantz Joseph II.
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Hrad, múzeum ľudovej architektúry
a historické centrum v Starej Ľubovni,
drevené kostolíky v okolí, Vysoké Tatry,
Mestská pamiatková rezervácia v Podolínci a Kežmarku, hrad a drevený artiku-
lárny kostol v Kežmarku, gotický kostol
v Spišskej Belej, Ľubovnianske kúpele,
múzeum Andyho Warhola v Medzilaborciach, vojenské múzeum vo Svidníku,
drevené kostolíky v Hervartove, Krajnom Čiernom, Kožanoch a ďalšie.
Other Places of Interest:
Castle, open air museum and historical
centre in the town Stará Ľubovňa. Wooden churches in surrounding area. The
High Tatras mountains, Town Monument
Reservations in the town Podolínec and
Kežmarok, the castle and wooden Evangelic church in Kežmarok, Gothic church
in Spišská Belá, Ľubovnianske Spa,
Museum of Andy Warhol in Medzilaborce, Military Museum in Svidník, wooden
churches in Hervartov, Krajné Čierno,
Kožany and others.
Informácie/Information:
www.slovakiatourism.sk
Touristist Information Office and Travel
Agency, Radničné námestie 21, 08501
Bardejov, tel.: 00-421-54-4744003,
e - mail : [email protected],
www.tik-bardejov.sk
Regional Development Agency,
MUDr. Pribulu street 1, 08901 Svidník,
tel.: 00-421-54-7523243,
e-mail: [email protected],
www.rrasvidnik.sk
17
MAĎARSKO
HUNGARY
Východné Maďarsko sa nachádza západne od miesta, kde sa po stáročia
stretávali významné kultúry. Rozprestiera sa
tu nížina, povodie rieky Tisy a pohoria Matra, Bükk a Zemplén ako najvýznamnejšie
horské územia krajiny. Leží tu známa Tokajská vinohradnícka oblasť. V údoliach sa nachádza množstvo zaujímavých sídiel a kaštieľov. Na strmých bralách nájdete zrúcaniny
hradov. Po tatárskom vpáde v 13. storočí bola pre obranu územia vybudovaná pevnostná línia v severných lesoch krajiny. Z dôvodu
zlej prístupnosti, sa vlastníci neskôr presťahovali do pohodlnejších a lepšie dostupných
kaštieľov v sídlach, z ktorých väčšina vznikla
v stredoveku. Rozvoj a tvarovanie osídlenia
sa snúbilo s topografickými danosťami, kultúrou a tradíciami. V stredoveku cez tieto
mestá viedli dôležité obchodné cesty, spájajúce Baltické more s Čiernym ako aj Uhorsko
s Poľskom. 15. storočie znamená pre mnohé
mestá tohto územia rozvoj obchodu. Neskôr
sa niektoré z nich dostali pod tureckú nadvládu. Nachádzajú sa tu pamiatkové zóny
ako Jósvafő v župe Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén,
Tarpa v župe Szabolcs -Szatmár - Bereg,
mesto Eger, kde sú chránené celé centrálne
časti sídiel.
20
Maďarsko svojimi zdrojmi liečivej vody patrí
k najbohatším v Európe. Nachádza sa tu
viac ako 500 termálnych prameňov s teplotou vody nad 35 °C. Najstaršie záznamy
o kúpeľníctve sú z obdobia Rímskej ríše. Do
rozvoja kúpeľov na území Maďarska sa významne zapísalo obdobie tureckých nájazdov. Turecký vplyv je badateľný aj na ich
zariadeniach. Hlavný rozmach liečivých kúpeľov v krajine začal koncom 18-teho storočia, ich rozkvet vyvrcholil v 19-stom storočí.
Jedna tretina najdôležitejších liečivých kúpeľov Maďarska sa nachádza na území Karpatského euroregiónu a mnohé z nich sú súčasťou miest, ktoré sa rozvíjali aj vďaka
kúpeľníctvu.
Eastern Hungary is situated west of the meeting point of great cultures. The region lies
mainly on lowland, the basin of river Tisa
and Matra, Bükk and Zemplén are its most
significant mountain ranges. We can find
here world famous Tokaj wine territory.
Inside the mountains along the valleys there
are many scenic settlements, manor houses
and ruins of castles on the cliffs. Historical
and cultural heritage can be found everywhere we travel. After the Tatar invasion in
the 13th century, a complete line of forts has
been built in the northern mountains for the
defense of the country. From badly accessible castles the owners later moved to more
convenient and easy reachable manors in
the settlements. The majority of them have
their origins in the Middle Ages. The basis of
their present urban pattern got formed during that period as a result of combination of
local topography with the culture and traditions. In Medieval Ages an important trade
route went across these towns connecting the
Baltic Sea with Black Sea, and Hungary with
Poland. The 15th Century meant the commerce development for many of them on the
territory. Later some of them were under Turkish invasion. There are protected zones in
this region as Jósvafő in county BorsodAbaúj-Zemplén, Tarpa in county SzabolcsSzatmár-Bereg and town Tokaj, where the
whole centre of the area is under protection.
Hungary is one of the richest countries of
Europe in medicinal water. There are more
than 500 thermal springs that provide water
warmer than 35 °C. The earliest records of
bathing go back to the times of the Roman
Empire. The Turkish invaders had a great
effect on the development of baths in
Hungary, the traces of which can be seen in
the still existing facilities of Turkish baths. The
major centers of medicinal baths in the countryside evolved at the end of the 18th century. Their development accelerated in the
19th century. One third of the most important
medicinal baths of Hungary can be found in
this region. A lot of the spas developed into
towns.
Stredoveký Miškovec bol založený na rozhraní nížiny a pohoria na križovatke dôležitých obchodných ciest. Zoskupenie hradu,
kláštora a dediny bolo rozložené na úpätie
pohoria Bükk. Mestské práva získal v roku
1365. Mesto sa dynamicky rozvíjalo až do
obdobia tureckej okupácie, kedy sa jeho
rozvoj zastavil. Prvá zmienka o Diósgyőri
/dnes časť mesta Miškovec/ pochádza z
prelomu 12. a 13. storočia. Kráľ Ľudovít Veľký v roku 1364 pripojil k hradu veľké územie
a prestaval ho na pekný gotický kráľovský
hrad. Miskolc-Diósgyőr, spolu s Budatínskym, Višehradským a Zvolenským hradom sa
stávajú kráľovskými sídami. Po smrti kráľa
Ľudovíta Veľkého sa Diósgyőr stáva majetkom uhorských kráľovien. Medzi rokmi 1424
až 1526 bol svadobným darom a sídlom 6
kráľovien. Mnohé z ďalších zaujímavých
objektov mesta boli postavené v 18. a 19.
storočí. Medzi ne patrí mestská radnica,
školy, kostoly, synagóga a divadlo, ktoré je
prvým kamenným divadlom na území
Maďarska. V kúpeľoch Miskolctapolca sa
nachádzajú unikátne jaskynné kúpele
MIŠKOVEC /MISKOLC
179 000 obyvateľov /inhabitants
21
MISKOLC
The Middle Aged Miskolc has been established at the meeting point of the Great
Plains and the mountains, at important commercial routes. The group of the castle,
monastery and villain-village has been built
at the gate of the Bükk Mountains. Miskolc
was elevated to the rank of town in 1365.
The city developed in a dynamic way, but
during the Ottoman occupation the development of Miskolc stopped.
Diósgyőr (now a district of Miskolc) was first
mentioned at the turn of the 12-13th century.
King Louis the Great he connected a big
estate to the castle, which then was built out
into a beautiful Gothic royal castle in 1364.
Therefore Diósgyőr, together with Buda,
Visegrád and Zvolen, became a royal seat.
After the death of King Louis the Great,
Diósgyőr became the endowment of the
Hungarian queens, and between 1424 and
1526 it was the wedding present, county residence of six queens. Many other significant
buildings were built in the 18th and 19th centuries, including the city hall, schools, churches, the synagogue, and the theatre. The theatre is commonly regarded as the first stonebuilt theatre of Hungary. In Miskolctapolca
Spa there is a unique thermal cave bath.
BLATNÝ POTOK/SÁROSPATAK
18 000 obyvateľov / inhabitants
Územie okolo Blatného Potoka, ktorý získal
mestské výsady v roku 1201, bolo obývané
už v praveku. Vzhľadom k tomu, že cez mesto viedli dôležité obchodné cesty už v stredoveku malo dôležité postavenie spomedzi
miest Uhorska. Jedným z najstarších a najzachovalejších hradov je hrad rodiny Rákóczi,
nachádzajúci sa v sídle pri meandri rieky
Bodrog. Narodila sa tu v roku 1207 Svätá
Alžbeta Durínska z rodu Arpádovcov. Svoje
detstvo tu strávil František Rákóczi II.
V roku 1531 bolo v Blatnom Potoku založené evanjelické kolégium, v tom čase jedno
z najdôležitejších v Uhorsku. V roku 1650
Zsuzsanna Lorántffy pozvala do mesta Jána
Amosa Komenského, známeho českého učiteľa, ktorý tu napísal niektoré zo svojich
dôležitých diel. V súčasnosti je Blatný Potok
zaujímavým, turistami vyhľadávaným, historickým mestom.
SÁROSPATAK
The area has been inhabited since ancient
times. Sárospatak was granted town status in
1201. In the Middle Ages it was an important place due to its proximity to an important trade route leading to Poland. The
Rákóczi Castle is one of oldest and most
unharmed castles at the bend of the River
Bodrog in the town. It was a royal home,
Saint Elizabeth of the Arpad dynasty was
born here in 1207. Franciscus Rákóczi II
spent his childhood in the castle. The
Protestant college, one of the most important
colleges of Hungary at the time, was founded in Sárospatak in 1531. In 1650 Zsu-
22
zsanna Lorántffy, invited the famous Czech
educator Jan Comenius to Sárospatak, who
wrote some of his most important works
there. Today it is a charming historical town
and a popular tourist destination.
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Kúpele Lilafüred. Mesto Tokaj, Szerencs
- domov čokolády, múzeum cukrovarníctva / tretie na svete po Berlíne
a Thune/, Hegyalja - židovská synagoga, Mád - židovská modlitebňa,
Tolcsva - vynikajúce vinohradnícke múzeum, Hollóháza - výrobňa porcelánu
a múzeum. V Kőkapu v údolí potoka
Kemence na zaujímavom útese je bývalý poľovnícky hrad Károlyiovcov. Vo
výške 550m na strmom svahu vrcholu
Fűzér sa nachádzajú jedny z najstarších
hradných ruín v Maďarsku. Možnosť
plavby po rieke Bodrog. Obec Szalona
s okúzľujúcim kostolom z obdobia vlády
rodu Arpádovcov, Mineralogické múzeum v obci Rudabánya, zaujímavá jaskyňa v kopci Esztamos /vstup pri počte
viac ako 10 osôb je potrebné dohodnúť
vopred/. Národný park Aggtelek, zapísaný do zoznamu Svetového prírodného dedičstva UNESCO, Národný park
Bükk. Tokajská vinárska oblasť, ktorá je
prvou ohraničenou vinohradnícku oblasťou na svete. Územie je spolu so slovenskou časťou od roku 2002 zapísaná
v zozname Svetového prírodného dedičstva UNESCO.
Other Places of Interest:
Lillafüred spa. Town Tokaj, Szerencs home of chocolate, sugar museum /third
in the world after Berlin and Thun/,
Hegyalja -synagogue, Mád - Jewish temple, Tolcsva - excellent viticulture museum. Hollóháza - porcelain manufacture
and museum. At Kőkapu, inside the valley of Kemence-stream on a picturesque
cliff there is the former Károlyi hunter
castle. On the 550m high, steep slope
peak of Fűzér there is one of the oldest
ruins of castle in Hungary. You can enjoy
a boat-tour on the River Bodrog. Romanesque style churches at Szalonna,
Municipality of Szalonna, Mining and
Mineral Museum of Rudabánya, interesting Caves in Esztamos hill (up to 10
person with preliminary registration).
Aggtelek National Park as a part of the
UNESCO World Natural Heritage List,
Bükk National Park. Tokaj wine territory
is the first closed wine-district in the
world. Together with Slovak part it is
included in the UNESCO World Natural
Heritage List since 2002.
Informácie/Information:
www.vendegvaro.hu , Tourinform
Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén County,
3525 Miskolc, 35 Széchenyi Street,
phone./fax: +36-46/507-326, 507-327
e-mail: [email protected],
Tourinform Miskolc 3525, Városház
square 13., phone: +36(46)348-921,
+36(46)350-425 +36(46)350-439,
e-mail: [email protected],
Tourinform Tokaj 3910, Serház st. 1,
phone: +36-47-352-259,
[email protected],
www.tokaj-turizmus.hu, www.tokaj.hu,
Tourinform Sárospatak 3950
Sárospatak, Eötvös street 6,
phone: +36(47)315-316
e-mail: [email protected]
DEBRECÍN /DEBRECEN
204 300 obyvateľov / inhabitants
V roku 1361 kráľ udelil mestu výsadu mať
vlastného kata a radu. Začiatkom 16 storočia bol Debrecín dôležitým obchodným
mestom. Počas tureckej nadvlády mesto sa
nachádzalo neďaleko hraníc, nemalo vybudovaný hrad ani opevnenie. V tejto zložitej
situácii sa chránilo len diplomatickou šikovnosťou jeho predstaviteľov. Protestantizmus
sa v meste rozšíril pomerne zavčasu. Debrecín je nazývaný tiež Kalvínskym Rímom.
V apríli 1849 Ľudovít Kossuth tu vyhlásil
23
detronizáciu Habsburgovcov a nezávislosť
Maďarska. Medzi zaujímavosti mesta môžeme zaradiť veľký kalvínsky kostol, park Nagyerdő, zábavný park a ZOO a areál univerzity. Mestské kúpele sú umiestnené do
anglického parku. Dnes je Debrecín druhým
najväčším mestom Maďarska.
DEBRECÍN /DEBRECEN
In 1361 king granted the town the right to
choose town's judge and council. In the early
16th Century it was an important market
town. During the Ottoman period being close to the border and having no castle or city
walls, Debrecen often found itself in difficult
situations and the town was saved only by
the diplomatic skills of its leaders. Debrecen
embraced the Protestant Reformation quite
early, earning the moniker "Calvinist Rome".
In April 1849, the dethronization of Habsburgs and the independence of Hungary
was proclaimed here by Kossuth Lajos
/Luis/. We can find here Big Calvinist
Church, The Great Forrest, ZOO and Amusement Park, University. The town's Spa Bath
is located in the wild oak-grove park. Today
Debrecen is the second largest town in
Hungary.
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Hortobágy - starý 9 - poľový most, možnosť jazdy na koni na ranči Máta.
Tiszacsege - nevoľnícky dom je ukážkou
života v puste v 19. storočí. Hajdúszoboszló - okolie a termálne bazény.
Národný park Hortobágy - najväčšia
pastvina v Európe zapísaná na zozname Svetového prírodného dedičstva
UNESCO.
Other Places of Interest:
Hortobágy - 9 span-old bridge, horse
riding possibilities at Máta ranch.
Tiszacsege - Villein house, which shows
the life of 19th century in the steppe.
24
Hajdúszoboszló - scenery and thermal
pools. Hortobágy National Park largest natural pasturing landscape in
Europe, listed on the UNESCO World
Natural Heritage List.
Informácie/ Information:
www.vendegvaro.hu, Tourinform
Debrecen, 4024 Debrecen, 20 Piac
Street, phone: +36-52/412-250, 316-419
e-mail: [email protected]
SZOLNOK
75 500 obyvateľov / inhabitants - rok 2007
Mesto bolo pomenované po správcovi
hradu, prvýkrát spomínaného v 11.st.
V rokoch 1550 -51, v čase Otomanskej
invázie do Uhorska hrad bol opevnený a
okolo mesta boli postavené hradby. Turci tu
postavili mešitu, verejné kúpele a minaret,
ktoré však boli postupne zbúrané. V Szolnoku bola vyrobená jediná kópia Tureckého
kódexu na území Uhorska. Mesto bolo v roku 1685 oslobodené z tureckej nadvlády,
ale následne začiatkom 18. storočia počas
povstania Františka Rákocziho II bolo úplne
zničené. V 18. storočí sa Szolnok začal opäť
rozvíjať. Regulácia rieky Tisy a doprava
parníkmi zvýšili dôležitosť mesta. Nachá-
dzajú sa tu kúpele, múzeum leteckej dopravy, synagóga, dnes využívaná ako galéria.
NYÍREGYHÁZA
SZOLNOK
The town, named after the steward of its castle, was first mentioned in 11th century. In
1550-51, when the Ottoman Empire threatened to invade the country, the castle was
fortified and a town wall was built. The Ottomans built a mosque, a public bath, and a minaret in the town, most of which have since
been destroyed. The only Turkish codex made in Hungary was copied in Szolnok. The
town was freed from Otoman rule in 1685,
but it was completely destroyed during the
revolution led by Prince Franciscus Rákóczi II
in the early 18th century. Szolnok started to
prosper again in the 18th century. Control of
the river Tisza and steamship traffic increased the town's importance. In town we can
find the bath, Museum of Hungarian Aviation, former synagogue, today gallery.
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Hortobágy - starý 9 - poľový most, možnosť jazdy na koni na ranči Máta.
Tiszacsege - nevoľnícky dom je ukážkou
života v puste v 19. storočí, Hajdúszoboszló - okolie a termálne bazény. Debrecen - termálne bazény, veľký kalvinský kostol, park Nagyerdő, zábavný
park a ZOO, univerzita. Dom kumánskeho kapitána a veterný mlyn v Komlósi.
Other Places of Interest:
Hortobágy - 9 span-old bridge, horse riding possibilities at Máta ranch. Tiszacsege - Villein house, which shows the
life of 19th century in the steppe. Hajdúszoboszló - scenery and thermal
pools, Debrecen - thermal pools, Big
Calvinist Church, The Great Wood, ZOO
and Amusement Park, University. Captain house and windmill in Komlós.
117 000 obyvateľov / inhabitants
Prvá písomná zmienka o meste je z roku
1209, v tom čase sa volalo len Nyír, čo znamená breza. Po vojne za nezávislosť, vedenej Františkom Rákoczim II, počet obyvateľov
mesta vzrástol. Veľa nových osadníkov slovenskej národnosti prišlo z Békéscsaby,
Szarvasa, Tótkomlósa. Začiatkom 19. storočia bolo sídlo dosť bohaté na to, aby sa oslobodilo spod feudálnej nadvlády Dessewffyovcov and Károlyiovcov. V oných časoch
rozkvetu v meste bola postavená nová radnica, nemocnica a niekoľko škôl. V súčasnosti
je Nyíregyháza jedným z najprosperujúcejších miest Maďarska. Nachádza sa tu ZOO,
skanzen ľudovej architektúry, viacero múzeí,
výstav a kostolov. Termálne jazero v kúpeľoch Sóstógyógyfürdo je dlhodobo turistickou atrakciou. Každoročne začiatkom septembra sa v meste uskutočňuje hudobný festival "Happy Art Festival".
NYÍREGYHÁZA
Informácie /Information:
www.vendegvaro.hu, Tourinform
Szolnok, 5000 Ságvári krt. 4.,
phone.: (56)420-704 fax:(56)341-441,
[email protected],
www.szolnok.hu
25
Nyíregyháza was first mentioned in 1209,
although it was called only Nyír (meaning
"birch"). After the War of Independence led
by Prince Franciscus Rákóczi II, the population of the town grew. Most of the new settlers with Slovakian mother tongue came
from Békéscsaba, Szarvas, Tótkomlós. In the
early 19th century Nyíregyháza was wealthy enough to become free from her feudal
lords, the families Dessewffy and Károlyi.
During these prosperous years the town got
a new town hall, a hospital and several
schools. Today, Nyíregyháza is one of the
most prosperous cities of Hungary. There is
a ZOO, open air museum of rural architecture, several museums, exhibitions and
churches. The thermal lake of Sóstógyógyfürdo has been a tourist attraction for centuries. Europe's largest free world music festival "Happy Art Festival" also takes place
here each year at the beginning of September.
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Známe Dni Beregu - ponuka kultúrnych
a gastronomických programov. Rieka
Tisa poskytuje možnosti rybolovu a kúpania /Tivadar, Vásárosnamény-Gergelyiugornya, Dombrád/, pútnické miesto
v Máriapócsi, ľudová architektúra v Tarpe, vodný mlyn z 18. storočia v Túristvándi, drevené historické zvonice v Zsurku a Tiszacsécse.
Other Places of interest:
The Famous Days of Bereg - offer cultural and gastronomical programs. The Tisza river is suitable for angling and bathing /Tivadar, Vásárosnamény-Gergelyiugornya, Dombrád/, pilgrim place in
Máriapócs, rural architecture in Tarpa,
watermill from 18th century in Túristvándi, historical wooden belfries in Zsurk
and Tiszacsécse.
Informácie/Information:
www.vendegvaro.hu, Tourinform
Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg County 4400
Nyíregyháza, Országzászló sq. 6,
phone: +36(42)504-647,
+36(42)504-648, fax: +36(42)504-647,
+36(42)50,
e-mail: [email protected],
http://tourinform.szabolcs.net
26
JÁGER/ EGER
56 3000 obyvateľov / inhabitants
Kráľ Štefan v roku 1009 založil v Jágri
biskupstvo. Koncom 12. storočia tu bola postavená rozsiahla románska trojloďová katedrála, do ktorej v roku 1204 pochovali
uhorského kráľa Imricha. Po tatárskom vpáde v roku 1248 kráľ Belo IV nariadil výstavbu kamennej pevnosti. Okolo roku 1470
na mieste pevnosti bol vybudovaný gotický
palác. Po obsadení Budatína Turkami v roku
1541 kancelár Peter Perényi začal s rozsiahlym opevňovaním mesta. Jáger sa stal
jedným z najdôležitejších bodov v hraničnom opevňovacom systéme. Od roku 1552
bolo mesto na dlhú dobu obsadené Turkami.
Samotné mesto Eger ja takzv. "barokovýn
mestom" s mnohými pamiatkami, mestom kúpeľov ako aj mestom vína. Najatraktívnejšie
vínne pivnice môžete navštíviť v takzv. "Údolí
krásnych žien".
EGER
King Stephen founded his episcopate in
1009 in Eger. At the end of the 12th century,
a big, three-nave cathedral was built in
Roman style. King Imre was buried here in
1204. After the Tatar invasion, in 1248, King
Béla IV ordered to build a strong stone-fort.
The Gothic Bishops' Palace was built around
1470, in the territory of the fort. Chancellor
Péter Perényi began immense fortifications
after the Turks had occupied Buda in 1541.
Eger became the most important link in the
border fortress system. New bastions and
external wall have been built. The Turks
attacked the fort in 1552. Eger is a Baroque
town, with several monuments and town of
spa. Being also the town of wines, one can
visit the most attractive wine cellars in the
"Valley of the Beautiful Woman".
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Môžete podniknúť túry v pohorí Bükk,
navštíviť kaštieľ De La Motte v Noszvaji,
termálne kúpaliská v sídle Egerszalók
alebo Bogács a ľudový dom v Paráde.
Unikátne sú suché kúpele " Moffeta"
v Mátraderecske. V blízkosti sídla Recsk
sa nachádza Národný pamätný park,
založený mieste pracovného tábora
v rokoch 1950 -53. Perlou pohoria Mátra a centrom Palóckeho etnika je Palóc.
Popri termálnych kúpeľoch tu môžete
navštíviť známe múzeum kočov, praveké obydlie v jaskyni Suba-diera, údolie
Hór s vápenkami, prístupné po náučnom
chodníku Čertova veža z Cserépfalu.
V Szarvaskő popri kaštieli je možné uvidieť perinové lávy, ktoré vznikli podmorskými vulkanickými aktivitami v období
Jury.
Other Places of Interest:
You can hike in the Bükk Mountains, visit
Noszvaj (De La Motte Castle), Egerszalók or Bogács and peasant house in
Parád; there is a thermal bath as well in
the latest. Unique sight is the mofetta in
Mátraderecske. There was a hard
labour camp in the near Recsk in 1950 53, which is now a National Memorial
Park. Parád is the pearl of the Mátra
Mountains, the geographical centre of
the "palóc" ethnical group. Besides the
thermal bath, its famous sight is the
Coach Museum, Suba-hole cave (was
home of the prehistoric man) and lime
kilns can be seen in the Hór-valley,
accessible by the Devil's Tower Nature
Trail form Cserépfalu. Besides the castle,
special features of Szarvaskő are the pillow lavas of submarine volcanism in
Jura age.
Informácie/information:
www.vendegvaro.hu, Eger,
Hradné múzeum/ Castle Museum ,
Phone: +36-36/312-744,
e-mail: [email protected] ,
Tourinform 3300 Eger,
Bajcsy-Zsilinszky 9,
phone:+36 36/517-715
E-mail: [email protected],
www.ektf.hu/eger/
27
RUMUNSKO
ROMANIA
Tvorba sídiel v Rumunsku bola silne ovplyvnená životnou úrovňou, prostredím a klimatickými podmienkami. Jednou zo zaujímavých foriem je duchovná kultúra architektúry
takzv. "architektúra vytvorená bez architekta". Je charakterizovaná stálym prepojením
s prírodou, na logických princípoch, založených na dôvtipnom riešení technických problémov, na estetickom vzhľade, opierajúcom
sa o malebnosť, asymetriu a hojnosť ornamentu a farby.
Architektonické diela od obytných domov,
stodôl až po kostoly v minulosti využívali
krehké materiály ako je drevo, hlina, slama
a trstina.
Architektúra ako aj rozvoj sídiel rumunskej
časti Karpatského euroregiónu boli ovplyv-
30
nené aj bohatou históriou. Vo svojich počiatkoch dotknuté územie patrilo k rôznym
impériám a štátom, včítane Dácie, Rímskeho
impéria, impéria Hunov a Bulharov. Od 12.
storočia sa uvádza ako súčasť Uhorska.
V rámci neho sa v roku 1571 stáva autonómnou oblasťou. Neskôr bolo pripojené k rozširujúcemu sa územiu Habsburskej monarchie, aby sa od roku 1867 stalo časťou novovytvorenej Rakúsko - uhorskej monarchie. Od
I. svetovej vojny patrí k Rumunsku až na
krátke obdobie počas II. svetovej vojny. Ľudia tu žijú v mestách a dedinách, z ktorých
mnohé majú svoju špecifickú architektúru.
Mestá vznikali v stredoveku na dôležitých
križovatkách ciest, alebo v blízkosti nerastných zdrojov ako striebro, soľ, uhlie, drevo
minerály. Napriek opevneniam boli mnohé
zničené počas tureckého vpádu. Turecký
vplyv tu pôsobil počas ich temer dvoj storočnej nadvlády. Neskôr hlavne počas 19.
a 20. storočia sa mestá opäť rozvíjali ako
kultúrne a ekonomické centrá pre tu žijúcich
ľudí.
The creation of the settlements in Romania
was strongly influenced by the living conditions, the environment and the climate. One
of the most interesting forms of material and
spiritual culture within the architecture is the
so-called "architecture made without an
architect". It is characterized by a constant
reference to the nature, with a logical resolution based on a common sense of solving
technical problems; an aesthetic vision leaning towards the picturesque and asymmetrical; and the excess of ornament and color.
The work architecture, from houses to barns
and to churches, all used fragile materials,
such as wood, earth, straw, and reed. The
architecture and development of the settlements on the Romanian part of Carpathian
Euroregion was influenced with the rich history, too. In its early history, the territory
belonged to a variety of empires and states,
including Dacia, the Roman Empire, the Hun
Empire and the Bulgarian Empire. It is mentioned as the Hungarian Empire from the
12th century. It then became an autonomous
principality under nominal Ottoman
suzerainty in 1571. Later on it was added to
the expanding territories of Habsburg
Monarchy, and then became again a part of
the newly established Austro-Hungarian
Empire in 1867. Since World War I, it has
been part of Romania, apart from a brief
period during World War II.
The population of the area lives in towns or
villages, some of them having its own specific architecture. Towns were created in the
Medieval Ages on the important cross roads
or close to the natural resources as silver,
salt, coal, wood and minerals. Many of them
were destroyed during the Turkish invasion,
despite the fact they became fortress. Turkish
influences vied for supremacy for nearly two
centuries. Later on mostly during 19th and
the 20th centuries they continued in promotion of culture and economy for the people
here.
BOTOŞANI
119 200 obyvateľov /inhabitants
Názov mesta vznikol pravdepodobne podľa
bojarskej rodiny Botaš, ktorej meno sa nachádza v starých záznamoch z konca 15.
storočia, ako jednej z najvýznamnejších
rodín v Moldavsku. Najstarší predmet, nájdený na jeho území, je arménsky náhrobok
z roku 1350. Prvá písomná zmienka o Botošani je z roku 1493. Bolo to trhové mesto,
nachádzajúce sa na križovatke viacerých
obchodných ciest. V 16. storočí sa tu uskutočňovali najväčšie a zároveň najstaršie trhy
v Moldavsku. Od 17. storočia v meste žili
veľké arménske a židovské komunity obchodníkov. V Botošani dodnes môžeme nájsť
mnohé architektonické skvosty ako Uspenský
kostol, kostol Sfântu Gheorghe a Sfântu Nicolae, kostol a kláštor z 15. storočia, Antipov
dom a Bolfosov dom z 19. storočia a radnicu
z konca 18. storočia.
BOTOŞANI
The name of the city probably has its origin
in the name of a boyar family called Botaş,
whose name can be found in old records
from late 15th century, as one of the most
important families of Moldavia. The oldest
item found in the area is an Armenian tombstone dated 1350. The first mention of
31
Botoşani is from the year 1493. The city was
initially a market town, being placed at the
juncture of several merchant roads. In the
16th century, it already had "the biggest and
the oldest fair of Moldavia". Large communities of Jewish and Armenian traders were
present in this city starting with the 17th century. Botoşani boasts many constructions of
special architectural value, among them:
Uspenia Church, Sfântu Gheorghe" Church,
Sfântu Nicolae" Church and monastery from
15th century, the Antipa House and the
Bolfosu House from the 19th century and the
City Hall, built at the end of the 18th century.
Foundation Botoşani, Victoriei st., no.
15, phone: +40/724/768246,
e-mail: [email protected]
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Drevený kostol (1800), kamenný kostol
(1939)v Ipoteşti, lesopark a horské jazero. Etnografické múzeum umiestnené
v dome Manole Iorga z 18.st v meste.
Kamenný kostol z roku 1865 v Bucecea,
Agaftonský les a kláštor zo 16. storočia.
Ďalej je to dom - múzeum, v ktorom sa
narodil jeden z najvýznamnejších rumunských básnikov Mihai Eminescu
v Ipotesti, kaštieľ rodiny Miclescu
v a drevený kostol v Calineşti.
138 000 obyvateľov /inhabitants
Other Places of Interest:
Ipoteşti: The wooden church (1800), the
stone church (1939). The forest park,
"The lake from the forest". Botoşani: The
Ethnographical museum placed in the
Manole Iorga house (18th century). The
stone church in Bucecea (1865). The
Agafton monastery (16th Century), the
Agafton forest. It is a house - museum,
where the most important Romanian
poet, Mihai Eminescu was born, Miclescu manor house and wooden church
in Calineşti.
Informácie/Information:
www.romaniatravel.com, Direcţia
Judeţeană pentru Cultură, Culte şi
Patrimoniu Cultural Naţional Botoşani,
Unirii st., no. 10, phone, fax:
+40/231/516925, "Stefan Luchian"
32
BAIA MARE
Geograficky ide o priekopovú prepadlinu
Baia Mare, obklopenú vulkanickým pohorím. Centrom dotknutého územia je mesto
Baia Mare. Počas doby bronzovej toto
územie patrilo Trákom. Prvá písomná zmienka o sídle je z roku 1142, keď kráľ Géza II.
ho dal osídliť sedmohradskými Sasmi. V 15.
storočí sa bane a územie Baia Mare dostalo
do vlastníctva rodu Hunyadiovcov a zo
samotného mesta sa stáva pevnosť. V roku
1600 sa tu razia zlaté mince, znázorňujúce
valašského vojvodu Michala Chrabrého
/Mihai Viteazul/. V roku 1889 v Baia Mare
boli vytlačené prvé noviny v rumunskom
jazyku, zvané Gutinul. Baia Mare je od roku
1968 centrom župy Maramures. V meste
môžeme obdivovať vežu Sv. Štefana, Námestie Citadely, etnografické múzeum so
skanzenom, múzeum umenia s zbierkou malieb z tunajšej známej maliarskej školy zo
začiatku 20. storočia. Unikátom je mineralogické múzeum s kolekciou 16 000 vzácnych minerálov a drahokamov z okolitých
baní.
BAIA MARE
Geographically, it represents Baia Mare
depression surrounded by volcanic mountains and Someş course as well. The base
from which to explore the area is the city of
Baia Mare. During the Bronze Age, the
region around Baia Mare was the realm of
the Thracians. The first mention of the settlement is from 1142, when King Géza II of
Hungary settled it with Transylvanian Saxons. In 15th century the mines and domain
of Baia Mare become the property of the
Hunyadi family, and town became an impressive fortress. In 1600 a coin had been minted in gold, displaying the effigy of Michael
the Brave (Mihai Viteazul), voivode of Wallachia. The year 1889 saw the printing of the
first newspaper in the Romanian language Gutinul. Since 1968 it is the center of
Maramureş County. Here you can visit the
Stefan's Tour, The Citadel Square, Ethnography Museum with its open air section, Art
Museum which hosts collection of Baia Mare
Painting School from the beginning of last
century and Mineralogy Museum, which can
boast the collection of some 16,000 samples
of rare minerals and gems from the mining
areas of Maramureş County.
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Múzeá, pamätníky a parky v Sighetu
Marmaţiei. Dedina Săpânţa so svetoznámym cintorínom, na ktorom sa nachádzajú farebné náhrobné dosky, s naivnými maľbami zo života zosnulých,
doplnenými vtipnými rýmovačkami.
Rekreačné stredisko Morgoşa a lyžiarske stredisko Borşa s prírodným skokanským mostíkom / 90m/, ktorý je európskym unikátom. Ďalšími atrakciami sú
Preluca Tătarilor, pamätník, postavený
na mieste odchodu Tatárov po ich poslednom vpáde v roku 1717, jedno z najstarších sídiel územia Târgu Lăpuş a pôsobivá roklina Lapuş, prírodná rezervácia Pietrosul Rodnei a údolie rieky
Vaser a Cosău. Minerálne pramene sa
nachádzajú v Poiana Botizii, Rogoz, Băiuţ a hlavne v Stoiceni a v kúpeľoch Ocna Sugatag. Ďalej sú to drevené kos-
33
tolíky a to drevený kostol z roku 1643
v Budeşti - Josani, zapísaný do zoznamu
UNESCO, Rogoz(1661), Călineşti Susani (1758), Călineşti - Josani Căieni
(1663), Corneşti (1800), Fereşti (1690),
Giulesti, Ungureni (18 st.), drevené
brány a kostolíky v Sârbi - Josani
(1665). Kláštor Rohia (19. st.), drevený
kostol z 18.st. v Şurdeşti, Cetăţele a Plopiş, zapísaný do zoznamu UNESCO.
Kamenný kostol z roku 1820 v Dăneşti.
Pamätný dom a muzeálny komplex Vasile - a Lucaciu z konca 19.st.. Prechádzky údolím Iehud.
Places of Interest:
Museums, memorial houses and relax in
parks in Sighetu Marmaţiei. The village
Săpânţa - world-famous for the unique
Merry Cemetery that owes its name to
the vivid colours of the headboards on
which naively painted scenes narrates
the biography of the deceased accompanied by witty limericks. Recreation
center Morgoşa and Borşa Compex ski
resort where you can enjoy the natural
jumping board of 90m (unique in
Europe), Preluca Tătarilor - a monument
marking the site where the last Tatar
raid was finally driven off in 1717, Târgu
Lăpuş, one of the oldest settlements in
the region and an impressive Lapuş
Gorge, Pietrosul Rodnei Wildlife
Reserve and Vaser Valley and Cosău
Valley. Mineral spring water can be
found at Poiana Botizii, Rogoz, Baius
and especially at Stoiceni and Ocna
Sugatag Spa. Later on they are
UNESCO monument - the wooden
church from Budeşti - Josani (1643). The
wooden gates and churches from Sârbi Josani (1665), Sârbi - Susani (1667),
Rogoz(1661), Călineşti - Susani (1758),
Călineşti - Josani Căieni (1663), Corneşti
(1800), Fereşti (1690) and Giulesti,
Ungureni (18th Century). The Rohia
monastery (19th Century). The UNESCO
34
monuments, wooden churches from:
Şurdeşti, Plopiş and Cetăţele (18th
Century). The stone church from Dăneşti
(1820). The memorial house with the
museum complex Vasile Lucaciu, Şişeşti,
(late 19th century). Walks on Iehud
Valley.
Informácie/ Information:
www.romaniatravel.com, Baia Mare Mara International Tour, Bd. Unirii 5,
phone: +40-262 221038, fax 226741,
www.mara-tour.ro, [email protected] ;
InterPasca Triumph Bd. Traian 17,
phone: ++40-262 250913;
Sind Romania str. Podul Viilor 8,
phone: +40-262 217301, Posibil Tours
Oituz 2C, phone: +40-262 274027,
Sfara Tours, Bd. Unirii 3,
phone:+40-262 206222, Mara Holiday,
Bd. Unirii 11,
phone/fax +40-262 226656,
[email protected]
MIERCUREA CIUC
42 1000 obyvateľov /inhabitants
Miercurea - Ciuc je sídlom župy Hargita.
Mesto leží na východe krajiny v údolí rieky
Olt. Od svojho založenia do roku 1918 bolo
pod názvom Csíkszereda centrom župy
Csík. Je jedným z najchladnejších miest
v Rumunsku, v ktorom teplota v zime dosahuje -30°C. Je ideálnym miestom pre zimné
športy. Dominantou centra mesta je zámok
rodiny Mikó, postavený v neskoro renesančnom slohu. Jeho najdekoratívnejšie časti
vznikli v 17. storočí. Veľká časť zámku bola
zničená počas tureckého vpádu, preto v 18.
storočí bol prestavaný. Dnes je sídlom múzea
Sikulov z oblasti Csík. Neďaleko zámku sa
nachádza malý skanzen s niekoľkými ľudovými domami a drevenými bránami z oblasti
Csík, radnica, postavená v roku 1886 a dom
kultúry z roku 1904.
MIERCUREA CIUC
Miercurea-Ciuc is the seat of Harghita County. The city lies in the east of the county in
the Olt valley. Since its foundation until 1918
it was capital of Csík County under name of
Csíkszereda. Miercurea-Ciuc is one of the
coldest cities in Romania, with winter temperatures often going below -30°C, making the
city ideal for winter sports. In the city centre,
the main point of interest is the Mikó Castle,
built in a late Renaissance style. The original
more decorative castle was raised in the 17th
century. Much of the castle was destroyed in
1661 during the Turkish raids, but it was
rebuilt at the beginning of the 18th century.
Today it houses the Csík Székely Museum.
Close to the castle you can find a small open
air museum, consisting of a few traditional
Csíki houses and wooden gates, the city hall
built in 1886 and the Courthouse from
1904.
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Citadela z 15.st., kostol z 18.st. a romantická kaplnka zo 16.st. v Odorheiul Secuiesc. Baňa na železo z rímskeho obdobia v Luete, vidiecke múzeum a centrum
keramiky v sídle Corund, hrad v Lazarei.
Kúpele: Borşec, Harghita, Homorod
s mnohými minerálnymi prameňmi,
opevnený kostol v Dârjiu, nachádzajúci
sa na zozname Svetového kultúrneho
a prírodného dedičstva UNESCO. Historické mesto Brašov, stredoveké mesto
Sighişoara, hrad grófa Drakulu - Bran.
Liečebné strediská Praid /v soľnej bani/,
Ocna de Sus a Ocna de Jos. Kúpele Tuşnad a jazero Sfanta Ana, ktoré vzniklo
v sopečnom kráteri, chránená oblasť
Mohoş. Lacu Rosu je liečebným a rekreačným strediskom s celoročnou prevádzkou a je to aj národný park.
Other Places of Interest:
Odorheiul Secuiesc: Citadel from 15th
Century. The church from 18th Century
and The Romanic Chapel, 16th Century.
Lueta: Iron Mine from Roman Time.
Corund: Village Museum. Ceramic Center, catle in Lazarea. Spas: Borşec, Harghita, Homorod with many springs of mineral water, fortified church of Dârjiu included in the UNESCO World cultural
and natural List. Historical towns Braşov,
the medieval town Sighişoara and castle
of Dracula count Bran. The health resort
in Ocna Praid /in salt mine/, Ocna de
Sus and Ocna de Jos. Tuşnad Spa and
Lake Sfanta Ana formed in a volcanic
crater, Mohoş protected area. Lacu Rosu
is an all-season health and holiday
resort and National Park.
Informácie /Information:
www.sindromania.ro, Direcţia pentru
Cultură, Culte şi Patrimoniu Naţional
Harghita
Email : [email protected],
Miercurea-Ciuc: FENYŐ TRAVEL, Str.
Petőfi Sándor nr.18,
phone: 0266-372 524,
fax: 0266-372 524, E-mail:
[email protected],
www.fenyotravel.ro, ITAS, Str. Kossuth
L. nr. 26, Phone: 0266-311 555,
35
e-mail: [email protected],
Agentia de turism CALIBRA, Str. Gál
Sándor nr. 16, phone: +40266-315067,
fax: +40266-315086,
e-mail: [email protected],
www.calibratravel.ro,
www.nomadtours.ro
ZALĂU
Dôležitými medzníkmi v histórii mesta sú roky
1571 /vláda Štefana Báthoryho/ a 1600
/vláda Michala Chrabrého - Mihai Viteazul/. V 17.storočí po prvý raz sú spomenutí
mestskí remeselníci a to remenári, hrnčiari,
kolesári, obuvníci, krajčíri, kováči, tesári,
klobučníci a výrobcovia pancierov. Dodnes
mesto hostí pútnikov počas letného festivalu,
takzv. Dní mesta Zalau, počas ktorých
skupina umelcov Župného múzea histórie
a umenia predstavuje scénky zo života od
neolitickej doby až po súčasnosť. V meste sa
nachádza niekoľko kostolov, včítané Kalvínskej katedrály, jednej z najväčších v Rumunsku.
ZALĂU
71 300 obyvateľov / inhabitants
Zalau sa nachádza v údolí rieky Zalau na
mieste, kde sa stretáva pohorie Apuseni s východnými Karpatmi. Dácke mince a ďalšie
predmety z doby Rímskej ríše dokazujú, že
územie bolo obývané už v oných časoch. Prvá písomná zmienka o meste je z roku 1210
a to v Anonymovej kronike, ktorá obsahuje
záznamy z obdobia vlády kráľa Bélu IV.
36
Zalău lies in the Zalău Valley, at the junction
of the Apuseni mountains and the Eastern
Carpathians. Dacian coins discovered in the
town as well as other Roman elements prove
that the area was inhabited since those times.
Anonymous Chronicle, the notary of King
Bela the 4th, offers the first written document
regarding Zalau in 1210. Important moments
in the history of the town are the years 1571
(the reign of Stephen Bathory) and 1600
(the reign of Mihai Viteazul). A chronicle
from the 17th century writes down for the first
time the trades of the Zalau inhabitants: strap
makers, potters, wheelwrights, shoemakers,
tailors, blacksmiths, carpenters, hat makers
and armourers. Zalău hosts lively pageants
each year, including a summer festival
"Zalău Days". There the "historical" branch
of the Zalău County Museum of History and
Art displays artifacts ranging from Neolithic
times to modern times. There are several
churches, including the Calvinist cathedral,
which is one of the largest in Transylvania.
rocks with Roman inscriptions, construction elements and funeral monuments
from the Dacian-Roman period
Informácie/ Information
www.romaniatravel.com,
Avias Transilvania - Zalau, Crisan nr.4,
phone/fax. 0260/615315,
mo: 0722433742,
e-mail: [email protected],
[email protected],
www.aviastransilvania.ro, SC Crisan
Porolissum Tourism SRL Zalau,
P-TA Iuliu Maniu, 3-4,
phone/fax:0260/631575
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Botanická záhrada v Jibou, drevené kostolíky v Fildu de Sus, Sînmihaiu Almaşului, Baica, Racîs, kláštory v Strîmba,
Bălan, Bic, Rus, zámky a kaštiele rodiny
Wesseleny a Bathory, termálne vody
v Boghiş, Bizuşa, ochutnávky vína a farmy na pstruhy v Tusa. Narcisová čistinka
v Racîş, prírodná scenéria pohoria Plopis, potok Barcau, múzeá v Zalău, Şimleu Silvaniei, Bocşa, Bobota, Dračia
záhrada v Gîlgău Almaşului. V lapidáriu župného múzea histórie a umenia si
môžu návštevníci pozrieť kameň s rímskym nápisom, konštrukčné prvky
a náhrobné kamene z rímskeho obdobia Dákov.
Other Places of Interest:
The Botany Garden in Jibou, wood churches (Fildu de Sus, Sînmihaiu Almasului,
Baica, Racîs and so on), monasteries
(Strîmba, Balan, Bic, Rus), castles, mansions (Wesseleny, Bathory), thermal
waters (Boghis, Bizuta), wine tasting,
trout farm (Tusa), the daffodils glade
from Racîs, the landscape area of Plopis
mountains, the Barcau springs, museums
(Zalau, Simleu Silvaniei, Bocsa, Bobota).
Dragons Garden in Gîlgău Almaşului
There is also the County Museum of the
History and Art. In the court the public
can visit the lapidarium, which contains
37
SATU MARE
turistické atrakcie mesta patrí požiarna veža,
rímsko - katolícka katedrála, kostol Biserica
cu lanturi a palác správnych organizácií.
SATU MARE
160 000 obyvateľov /inhabitants
Územie okolo Satu Mare bolo obývané od
doby kamennej. V 10. storočí sa tu nachádzala pevnosť s názvom Castrum Zotmar,
okolo ktorej sa v roku 1006 usadili Germáni.
V roku 1562 bola obliehaná Turkmi a neskôr
počas Habsburskej monarchie bola zbúraná. V roku 1703 vyhorelo celé mesto.
V roku 1721 sa Satu Mare stalo slobodným
kráľovským mestom a rozvinulo sa do dôležitého centra obchodu a remesiel. V 18.
storočí bolo hlavné námestie prestavané,
z toho obdobia pochádza radnica, hostinec
a mnohé kostoly. V roku 1901 sa doň
presťahoval prvý hasidský rabín, ktorý mal
do svojej smrti v roku 1906 mnohých nasledovateľov. Bol pochovaný na miestnom židovskom cintoríne. Dodnes jeho hrob navštevujú ročne stovky Hasidov. Medzi najväčšie
38
The area of Satu Mare has been inhabited
since the Stone Age. A fortress by the name
of Castrum Zotmar was mentioned in the
early 10th century. In 1006 Germans were
settled around the fortress. It was under siege
by the Turkish in 1562 and later destroyed
by the Habsburg Monarchy. In 1703 the
whole city burned down. In 1721, Satu Mare
became a "free royal town" and prospered
as an important center of trade and craftsmanship. In the 18th century much of the city
was rebuilt and among the landmarks from
that time are the old City Hall, the inn and
several churches. In 1902 the first Hasidic
Rabbi moved to Satu Mare, where he gathered a large following until his passing in
1906. He was buried in the local Jewish
Cemetery, and his grave is still visited by hundreds of Hasidic Jews. Major tourist's attractions of the city are: Fireman's Tower a 45m
tall tower, the Roman-Catholic Cathedral,
Biserica cu lanturi (the Chain Church) and
Administrative Palace.
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Trávniky v pohorí Oaş-Gutâi, jaseňový
les v Urziceni, Vermeş močiar, flora piesočnatých území vo Foieni a Prírodná rezervácia dolného toku rieky Tur. Jednými z najatraktívnejších turistických objektov župy Satu Mare je zámok Károlyiovcov v Carei. Zámok je obklopený
vzácnym dendrologickým parkom, (10
ha) s viac ako 100 druhmi exotickej a
domácej flóry. Kaštieľ slúži v súčasnosti
ako mestské múzeum s archeologickou
a prírodovednou expozíciou, s knižnicou
a expozíciou fotografií. Organizujú sa tu
aj kultúrne podujatia.
Other Places of Interest:
Turf Bogs in Oaş-Gutâi Mountains, Ash
Tree Forest in Urziceni, Vermeş Swamp,
Sandy Area Flora in Foieni and Natural
Reserve of the lower stream of the Tur
River. One of the most attractive tourismobjectives of Satu Mare County is the
Károlyi castle in Carei. The castle is surrounded by a valuable dendrological
park of 10 ha. with more than 100 exotic and native species of fauna. In the
castle functions the City's Museum with
archaeological and natural science exhibitions, the Library, photo exhibitions
and there are organized cultural programs, too.
Informácie/ Information:
www.romaniatravel.com,
www.romaniatourism.com
/satumare.html
Accord - Tourism Bureau, Satu Mare, I.
C. Bratianu nr. 7,
phone 0040 261 737915
Travel Agency "Optimal", Satu Mare,
Careiului nr. 18,
phone: 0040 261 768410
Travel Agency "Euro Holiday",
Satu Mare, Bd. Transilvania nr. C 25,
phone: 0040 261 714078. Patri Tours Satu Mare, Mihnea Voda nr. 7,
phone 0040 744 480184
39
UKRAJINA
UKRAINE
Ukrajinské Karpaty (Poloniny) sú súčasťou
vonkajších a vnútorných Východných Karpát. Tvoria centrálnu časť 1 500 km dlhého
Karpatského oblúka, tiahnuceho sa od ústia
rieky Moravy do Dunaja pri Bratislave až
k Železným vrátam v Rumunsku. Toto územie
predstavuje 6,1 % z celkovej rozlohy Ukrajiny. Ich menšie časti ležia na juhu Ľvovskej
oblasti, na juhozápade Ivano-Frankovskskej
oblasti a na západe Černiveckej oblasti.
Geografická lokalizácia a odľahlosť od veľkých priemyselných centier umožnili na tomto mieste zachovanie historických foriem kultúry až do dnešných čias. Je tu možné nájsť
unikáty prastarej slovanskej kultúry ako aj
42
množstvo kultúrnych prvkov Kyjevskej Rusi.
Prechádzajúc rôznymi smermi Karpát môže
návštevník obdivovať rôznorodosť foriem ľudovej tvorby ale aj hrdé historické mestá ako
napríklad Ľvov a Užhorod. V malých mestečkách nenachádzame kaštiele a paláce, ale
vidiecke domy na hlavných námestiach
s radnicami, sústavami skladov a starými objektmi tovární. Toto bohatstvo je doplnené
prekrásnou prírodou. Uvažovalo sa s ochranou kultúrneho a prírodného dedičstva celej
ukrajinskej časti Karpát, ale dodnes je do
Zoznamu svetového kultúrneho a prírodného
dedičstva UNESCO zapísané len historické
jadro veľkého mesta Ľvov.
V celej Európe sa nachádza len jedno miesto, nazývané Tustan v Ľvovskej oblasti, kde
môžete nájsť drevenú pevnosť, postavanú na
vrchole skaly do výšky 5-6 poschodí. Najväčší počet pevností sa nachádza v Termopilskej oblasti /35/, ktorá bola hranicou medzi kresťanskou Európu a islamským Východom. Niektoré z opevnených sídiel sú spojené so známymi historickými osobnosťami
akým bol ukrajinský hrdina Bohdan-Zenoviy
Khmelnytskyi a poľský kráľ Jan III Sobiesky,
ktorý v roku 1686 zachránil Viedeň pred
Turkami.
Ukrainian Carpathians (Poloniny) are a part
of the external and internal Eastern Carpathians and build up the central part of the
1500 km long arch of the Carpathian mountains stretching from the estuary of the Morava (March) River into the Danube by
Bratislava to the Iron Gates in Romania. They
cover only 6.1 % of the Ukrainian territory.
The smaller parts are located in the southern
part of Lviv region, the south-western part of
Ivano-Frankivsk region and the western part
of Chernivtsi region.
The geographic location of the territory and
remoteness from the big industrial centers
has allowed the preservation of the archaic
forms of culture practically till nowadays.
One would also find the relics of ancient
Slavonic cultures, as well as various elements
of the culture of the Kyivan Russ. Crossing the
Carpathians in different directions a traveler
will admire the diversity of forms of folk heritage and the proud historical towns as for
example Lviv and Uzhgorod. In the small picturesque towns the traditional buildings of the
main squares with town halls, the storage
structures, buildings of old traditional factories are of interest, to say nothing of castles
and palaces. A wonderful nature makes
a background for all these riches. There was
an idea to declare the whole Ukrainian
Carpathians territory a Natural and Cultural
Reserve but it has not been realized yet.
Only an old part of the big city of Lviv is
included in UNESCO World Cultural and
Natural Heritage List.
There is the only one place in Europe called
Tustan' (Lviv region) with remainders of
a wooden fortress that was built on the top of
the rock and was 5-6 storeys high. The biggest number of fortresses can be found in
Ternopil region (34), where a dividing line
between Christian Europe and Islamic East
used to lay. Some of the fortresses-residences
relate to prominent historic characters, like
Ukrainian Hetman Bohdan-Zenoviy Khmelnytskyi and Polish King Jan III Sobiesky (he
lead the army that crashed Turks and saved
Vienna in 1686).
UŽHOROD
112 000 obyvateľov /inhabitants - 2004
Zvyčajným východiskom pri putovaní po Zakarpatskej oblasti je starobylé mesto Užho-
43
rod. Môžeme tu nájsť najzachovalejší hrad
regiónu. Prvá drevená pevnosť bola postavená v 9. storočí na 30m vysokom vulkanickom pahorku. Kamenná výstavba, realizovaná podľa vzoru západoeurópskych pevností pochádza z polovice 13-teho storočia.
Prvý užhorodský kamenný kostol sa v priestoroch hradu nachádzal od 13-teho storočia
do roku 1728. V roku 1646 bola tu podpísaná Užhorodská cirkevná únia s Rímom. Zaujímavý je tiež starobylý stred mesta a ďalšie
zaujímavé štvrte, postavené v tridsiatych rokoch 20-teho storočia v štýle českého funkcionalizmu. Medzi jeho známe historické pamiatky patrí rotunda Horiany (11.-15. stor.),
katedrála (1646), sídlo biskupa a múzeum
ľudovej architektúry.
UZHGOROD
Traveling around Transcarpathia usually
starts in ancient Uzhgorod. We can find here
the best-preserved castle in the region. The
first wooden stronghold of Uzhgorod was
built in the 9th century on the 30 m high volcanic knoll. The stone structure was erected
in the middle of the 13th century according
to the principles of the Western European
fortresses. The first Uzhgorod Catholic masonry church existed in the yard of the castle
from 13th century till 1728. Here in 1646 the
Uzhgorod Church Union with Rome was
signed. Interesting is the old downtown and
the wonderful quarters constructed in the
1930s in the style of Czech functionalism. Its
well-known antiquities are the Horiany Rotunda (11th-15th centuries), the cathedral
(1646), Bishop's Residence and the open air
museum of folk architecture.
44
MUKAČEVO
77 000 obyvateľov /inhabitants -2004
Hlavná ulica v historickom centre Mukačeva
má podobný ráz ako v mnohých karpatských mestách. Zaujímavá skupina dvojpodlažných objektov predstavuje súbor prekrásnych fasád 19. a začiatku 20. storočia. Západnú stranu ulice uzatvára impozantný
dvojposchodový objekt radnice. K významným pamiatkam mesta patrí kláštor Sv.
Mikuláša z 15. až 19. storočia, kaplnka zo
14. storočia v rímsko - katolíckom kostole
a Rákocziho palác. Západne od historického centra môžeme obdivovať jeden z najimpozantnejších hradov Zakarpatska, ktorý
zaberá plochu 13 430 m2. Počas 9. a 11.
storočia sa na strmom kopci nachádzala malá slovanská pevnosť. Neskôr bola pevnosť
prebudovaná na skutočný hrad. V súčasnosti je v ňom zriadené historické múzeum.
MUKACHEVO
The main street of historical center of Mukachevo is typical for many towns in Carpathians. The two-storied buildings present
the collection of splendid facades of the 19th
and beginning of the 20th century. The western end of the street is locked by the impressing town-hall. Other interesting monuments in
Mukachevo are the St. Nicholas monastery
(15-19th centuries), chapel in Roman Catholic Church from 14th century and the Rakoczi palace.
In the western suburb one can admire one of
the most impressive castles of Transcarpathia
with the total area of about 13,430 sq. m.
There was a small Slavonic stronghold on the
steep hill in the 9th - 11th centuries. Later the
old fortress was rebuilt into a real castle. At
present it serves as a historical museum.
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Hradný vrch v Chuste (z 13. storočia);
protestanský kostol (zo 14. storočia)
a ďalšie starobylé pamiatky. Štyri známe gotické drevené kostoly zo 17.- 18.
storočia v obciach Sokyrnycia, Krajnikovo, Danilovo a Oleksandrivka. Hrad
Chinadievo castle /15.st./, kúpele Sinyak, drevený kostol v obci Shelestovo,
Sil a Kostryno, mesto Khust s hradným
vrchom z 13.storočia. Dolina narcisov
v blízkosti dediny Kireši. Šipit, jeden
z najvyšších vodopádov na Ukraine,
nachádzajúci sa vo Volovských vrchoch.
Rekreačná oblasť Drahobrat.
Other Places of interest:
Khust Castle Hill (the 13th century), Protestant church (14th century) and other
antiquities. Four famous Gothic wooden
churches from the 17th-18th centuries in
the villages of Sokyrnytsia, Kraynykovo,
Danylovo and Oleksandrivka. Chinadievo castle (15th century),
Sinyak health resort, wooden church in
Shelestovo, Sil and Kostryno. Town of
Khust with its Castle Hill (the 13th century). The unique botanical unit Valley of
Narcissi located near the village of Kireshi. Shypit waterfall, one of the highest
in Kraine in The Highlands of Volovets.
The famous tourist resort of the Drahobrat.
Informácie/Information:
www.ukr-tour.com,
www.travelinukraine.com
Informačné centrum
/ Information Center Vul. Pushkina 2,
Mukachevo,
phone: 8 (03131) 22108.
E-mail: [email protected]
ĽVOV
730 000 obyvateľov / inhabitants - rok
2007
Mesto bolo založené v polovici 13-steho
45
storočia kniežaťom Danylom Galytskiym
a pomenované po jeho synovi Leovi /lev/,
Leopolis. Staré opevnené mesto stálo na
úpätí vrchu na brehu rieky Poltava. Rieka
bola v 13. storočí používaná na prevoz tovaru. Začiatkom 20. storočia bola prekrytá.
V súčasnosti tečie pod zemou priamo pod
hlavnou ľvovskou triedou, Prospektom slobody a pod budovou opery. Nachádza sa
v ňom veľké množstvo pamiatok, ktoré majú
historickú, architektonickú a náboženskú
hodnotu. Mnohé z nich pochádzajú z 13teho storočia. Ide o viac ako 30 múzeí histórie, etnografie, vojenské múzeá a galérie.
V roku 1998 bolo historické jadro Ľvova zapísané do zoznamu Svetového kultúrneho
a prírodného dedičstva UNESCO. Medzi
najzaujímavejšie pamiatky patrí Rynok námestie, postavené v renesančnom slohu
/16-18-ste st./, Arménska katedrála /14.st./,
Latinská katedrála z 15.st./,renesančný
súbor v kostole Nanebovzatia /16.st./, opera vo Ľvove /19.st./ a Stryjský park, založený v roku 1887.
LVIV
The city was founded in the middle of the
13th century by Prince Danylo Galytskiy,
and named after his son Leo ("Lion")
46
Leopolis. The old walled city was at the
foothills on the banks of the river Poltva. In
the 13th century, the river was used to transport goods. In the early 20th century, it was
covered over in areas where it flows through
the city. The river flows directly beneath the
central street of Lviv, Freedom Avenue
(Prospect Svobody) and the famous Opera
House. There are many places of historical,
architectural and religious importance (some
of them belong to the 13th century); there
are more than 30 museums of history, ethnography, arms and art galleries. In 1998 the
historical centre of Lviv was included into the
"List of World Cultural and Natural Heritage
of UNESCO". We can name just a few
places of historical importance: Rynok
("Market") square of Renaissance style (the
16-18th century); Armenian Cathedral (the
14th century); The Latin Cathedral (the 15th
century); Renaissance ensemble of the
Church of the Assumption (the 16th century);
Lviv Opera House (the 19th century); Stryj
park (founded in 1887).
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Nádherná okolitá príroda, drevené kostolíky bojkovského typu a zvonice v dedinách Pohar, Kryve, Dovzhky, Zadilske,
Rosokhach, Myta, Oryavchyk, Koziova,
Oryava a v mnoných ďalších lokalitách.
Pieskovcové skaly v údolí rieky Striy
neďaleko obce Urych s jaskyňami.
Mnohé pevnosti okolo Ľvova, hrady
Olesko a Pidgirtsi. Balnoterapeutické
centrá Morshyn a Skhidnytsia, lyžiarske
strediská v Slavsku and Tysovetsi,
pamätník Tachanka. Nádherné údolia
riek Limnycja, Bystrycja Solotvynska,
Bystrycja Nadvirnjanska. Drevené kostolíky huculského štýlu v dedinách Bystrycja, Delyatyn, Tatariv a iných. Zrúcaniny hradu Pniv. Najväčší komplexom
minerálnych kúpeľov na Ukrajine Truskavec.
Place of interest:
Wonderful landscape in the area, wooden churches of the Boykian style and bell
towers in the villages of Pohar, Kryve,
Dovzhky, Zadilske, Rosokhach, Myta,
Oryavchyk, Koziova, Oryava and many
other localities. Sandstone rocks with
caves near the village of Urych in the
valley of the river Striy. A lot of ancient
fortification and religious buildings are
situated around Lviv as Olesko castle,
Pidgirtsi castle. Not far from Lviv there
are balneology centers in Morshyn and
Skhidnytsia, ski-centers in Slavsko and
Tysovets, Tachanka monument. The picturesque valleys of the Limnytsia, Bystrytsia Solotvynska, Bystrytsia Nadvirnyanska Rivers. Wooden churches of the
Hutsul style in the villages of Bystrytsia,
Delyatyn, Tatariv and others. Ruins of
castle in Pniv. Truskavets, the largest mineral spa complex in Ukraine.
Informácie/Information:
www.travelinukraine.com,
www.ukr-tour.com
InLviv Travel agency,
Rybna St. 3/19, 79019 Lviv,
www.inlviv.info/hotels
Lviv Tourist Board, Pidvalna Str., 3,
79006, Lviv, Ukraine,
tel./fax: +380 32 2 97-57-67
tel./fax: +380 32 2 97-57-51
e-mail: [email protected];,
www.tourism.lviv.ua
IVANOFRANKOVS
204 000 obyvateľov /inhabitants, rok
2004
Mesto vniklo pod názvom Stanisławów ako
pevnosť na ochranu Poľsko - Litovského
kniežatstva proti nájazdom Tatárov. Prvá
písomná zmienka o ňom je z roku 1662.
Onedlho nato, keď Turci v roku 1672 dobyli
pevnosť Kamieniec Podolski, spolu s Haličom sa stali dôležitým centrom obrany proti
Turkom. Židia dostali povolenie postaviť si tu
domy. V čase renesancie sa mesto sa rozrástlo. Z času na čas ho volali malý Leopolis Ľvov. Mesto sa stalo dôležitým centrom arménskej kultúry s arménskym kostolom, v ktorom sa nachádzali maľby Panny Márie, v roku 1945 prenesené do Gdanska. V roku
1772, po nadvláde Poliakov, sa stalo
súčasťou Rakúsko-Uhorska. V roku 1991 pod
názvom Ivanofrankovsk sa stalo súčasťou
nezávislej Ukrajiny.
IVANOFRANKOVS
The city, named Stanisławów, was founded
as a fortress to protect the Polish-Lithuanian
Commonwealth from Tatar invasions. The
city was first mentioned in 1662. Soon afterwards, when in 1672 the Turks conquered
the fortress of Kamieniec Podolski, Stanisławów, together with Halicz, became a strongpoint against Turkish forces. Jews were permitted to build houses here. Town was extensively rebuilt during the Renaissance period,
47
that while it was sometime called Little Leopolis /Lviv/. The city was also an important
center of Armenian culture with an Armenian
church, in which a painting of Mary was
kept. The painting was moved to Gdansk in
1945. In 1772, after the Partitions of Poland,
it became a part of the Austro-Hungarian
Empire. Since 1991, with name Ivanofrankivsk it has been a part of independent Ukraine.
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Nádherná scenéria východných Karpát
a údolia rieky Chorniy Cheremosh.
Drevené kostolíky huculského typu v obciach Kryvorivnya (1818), Dovhopilya
(1872), Zelena (1846) a v mnohých ďalších. Malebné údolie rieky Sukil s kaskádovým vodopádom. Drevené kostoly
Bojkov v obciach Bubnyšče, Tysiv a Poljanyca. Moršynské kúpele s minerálnymi prameňmi. Manjavský kláštor z roku
1611, vyzdobený a zrekonštruovaný
koncom 17. storočia a vodopády na
rieke Manyava V okolitom lese sa nachádzajú zaujímavé skalné formácie.
Kláštor tvoria jeho pôvodné drevené
časti, ako aj novo vystavaný drevený
kostolík. Hrad Halych z 13th storočia,
gigantické pieskovcové skaly Dovbuč,
pohorie Gordany, typický huculský drevený kríž v dedine Iľči v blízkosti mesta
Verkhovina. Kúpele Mizun a Džerelo.
Other Places of Interest:
Splendid scenery of Eastern Carpathians
and picturesque valley of the river
Chorniy Cheremosh. Wooden churches
of the Hutsul style in the villages of
Kryvorivnya (1818), Dovhopilya (1872),
Zelena (1846) and many others. The picturesque valley of the Sukil River with a
cascade waterfall. Wooden churches of
the Boyko style in Bubnyshche, Tysiv and
Polyanytsia. Morshyn spa area with mineral springs. Manyava monastery, founded in 1611, reconstructed and decorated in late 17th century and forest
around it with interesting stone formations and waterfall on the Manyavka
River. It still preserves wooden structures
and a newly erected wooden church.
Halych castle from 13th century, gigantic
sandstone rocks Dovbush, Gordany
ridge. Typical Hutsul wooden cross in
Iltsi, village near the town Verkhovina.
Mizun and Dzherelo spa.
Informácie/Information:
www.travelinukraine.com,
www.ukr-tour.com
Carpathian Tourism Board,
Hrushevskoho Str., 21 79004,
Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
tel.: +380 3422 55 18 56,
tel.: +380 342 55 95 38
e-mail: [email protected];
ČERNIVCI
243 000 obyvateľov /inhabitants - rok 2001
V 12. storočí sa na brehu rieky Prut v Bukovine nachádzalo opevnené sídlo, patriace
panstvu Halych. Legenda nazýva toto opevnené sídlo Čern alebo Čierne mesto. Údajne
získalo toto meno podľa mestského opevnenia, postaveného z tmavého dubového dre-
48
va, natretého tamojšou čiernou zemou. Žiaľ
pevnosť bola zničená v roku 1259 počas
nájazdu Mongolských kmeňov. Avšak až
dodnes ju pripomínajú valy, využívané pre
ochranné účely. Mestské práva získal Černivci v 14. storočí. Mesto začalo rozkvitať
v roku 1778 v čase menovania kniežaťa
Karla von Enzenberga za veliteľa vojenskej
správy. On pozval mnohých kupcov, remeselníkov, aby tu pozdvihli obchod. V meste
môžeme nájsť mnohé zaujímavosti ako je
divadlo, koncertná sála, bábkové divadlo,
Bukovinské múzeum Diaspora, múzeum
ľudovej architektúry a iné.
CHERNIVTSI
A fortified settlement located on the left shore
of Prut river in the Bukovynian Region dates
back to the 12th century of the Principality of
Halych. Legendary accounts refer to this
fortress-city as Chern', or Black city, and it is
said to owe its name to the black color of the
city walls, built from dark oak layered with
local black-colored soil. This stronghold was
unfortunately destroyed during the Mongol
invasion in 1259. However, the remaining
ramparts of the fortress were still used for the
defense purposes. In 14th century Chernivci
is donated with city rights. The city began to
flourish in 1778 when Knight was appointed
the chief of the Military Administration of
Chernivtsi. He invited many merchants and
craftsmen to help develop trade. There are
many places which attract citizens of Chernivtsi and the visitors: Drama Theatre, Organ
and Chamber Music Hall, puppet-theatre,
Bukovynian Diaspora Museum, Museum of
Folk Architecture and other.
Zaujímavosti v okolí:
Nádherné údolie rieky Cheremosh,
priesmyk Nimchych s peknou panorámou, drevený kostol Ivana Suchavského
vo Vyzhenke (1792). Päť-priestorové
a troj-priestorové drevené kostoly huculského štýlu vo všetkých okolitých dedinách. Prícestné Kaplnky z 19. storočia,
napr. vo Vyženke. Hrad Kotyn z 13steho storočia, nachádzajúci sa v blízkosti jedného z najstarších miest na
Ukraine.
Other Places of Interest
The picturesque valley of the river Cheremosh. Nimchych pass with nice panoramas. Ivan Suchavskiy wooden church
in Vyzhenka (1792). Five sectional and
three sectional wooden churches of the
Hutsul style in all neighboring villages.
Roadside chapels from 19th century for
example in village Vyzhenka. Khotyn
castle from 13th century near one of the
oldest town in Ukraine.
49
Download

Cestujeme Karpatami - mestá a obce (PDF)